Sunday, February 1, 2009

Blog Post #6

The first step I took when I found online what image I wanted to paint was practicing sketches and outlines of it. I used a pencil so I can go over it and change or move lines around. Then I took out each color I wanted to use and a couple of different sized paintbrushs. I used acrylic paint the colors were yellow, blue, green, red, purple, white, orange, black. I added white to darker colors to get a lighter version of that color. I basically started from left to right but occasionally moving around the whole painting. When first putting the paint in the paper I was worried I won't like it so I outlined the sketches using the thinest paintbrush I had. When I became more comfortable I used thicker paintbrushs to lay the paint on the background colors thicker and stick out more. I stroked the brushes across the page to try and give it a smooth look and make the colors flow well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home